Dr Julie Highfield, a consultant clinical psychologist at Cardiff and Vale UHB has collated this list of tips for staff to look after themselves during COVID-19.
- A Mindful Minute
- Am I doing the right thing?
- Am I OK?
- Calm and In Control
- COVID-19 and Neurological Conditions
- Hospital Staff helping the isolated COVID-19 patient
- How to Huddle
- End of shift – Wellbeing Checklist
- Managers’ Tips
- Managing Trauma
- Pregnancy and COVID-19
- Self-Care tips for NHS Staff
- Switch off, relax, and unwind
- FACE COVID – How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis
– by Russ Harris, author of The Happiness Trap
- COVID Buddy
- Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Staff
- Eat well spend less
Resources from Dr Julie Highfield
- PTSD and Moral Injury
- Three Steps to Coping with COVID-19
- Alcohol messages during Covid-19
Messages for staff on maintaining a healthy relationship with Alcohol during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Promoting Physical Activity during Covid-19
Information and resources to support staff with maintaining a healthy relationship with Alcohol throughout the Covid-19 outbreak.
Daily Wellbeing Suggestions
Click below to see daily tips for maintaining your mental health and wellbeing from Professor Mark Stacey.
- NHS Employers – Emotional Wellbeing Toolkit
This easy-to-use resource has been developed with NHS staff to:
Help bridge a gap in understanding and enable us to talk openly and regularly about emotional health
Assess the impact emotional wellbeing has on ourselves, our colleagues and on our patients
Enable us to action plan to enable more good days than bad
- NHS Employers – Emotional Wellbeing Resources
Free resources to download and share with your team. If you’re a manager, a team leader or looking for yourself, there are resources here for you.
- Mental Health at Work – Coronavius and isolation
A pandemic isn’t just a physical health issue; it’s a mental health issue as well. Use these resources to support yourself and your colleagues.
- Working well from home under self-quarantine for coronavirus
The prospect of working in self-isolation might be daunting for those who have not worked from home before. This guide from explores what you can do to plan
- Coronavirus and your wellbeing
Resources and information from the mental health charity, Mind.